Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2012

"Christians don't believe Jesus Christ"


Okay, so, if you’re with me that we Americans should not stone sinners to death or kill our daughters for having sex, then are we not above such nonsense? You wish. I veer off into one of my pet peeves – rape. As far as I can tell MOST Americans laugh about one particular kind of rape. It’s a joke. They deserve it. No, you say? I’m talking about the rape of male inmates in our prison system. The only reason a person can chuckle about THAT is because nobody ever made them or their son “squeal like a pig, boy.” ‘nuff said.
So, to my mind, I have proven that conservative Christians hypocritically SAY that every word of the Bible is holy truth, but they don’t ACT upon that belief on things they don’t care about – like prisoners raping boys. Oh, we even put minors on trial “as adults” and throw the young stuff to the rapists, don’t we?
Well, they sure believe in Jesus, right? They would never disobey Christ without having to come back into grace by confession or pledging or “rededicating my life to Christ.” Wrong. Get out those red-letter New Testaments now. How can I do better than to go to Saint Matthew, Chapter 5, the Sermon on the Mount? Since I don’t expect readers to stay with me for a long diatribe, I’ll start by saying this. READ IT. Read Matthew, Chapter 5, verses 3 through Chapter 7, verse 27. I don’t care if you’re an atheist, an agnostic, or a saved person, read it. Read it again. Here is the heart of God talking to mankind and it is a voice of a humble heart, a long-suffering heart, and if you can’t believe that EVERY WORD is “literally and inerrantly true, how can you believe yourself a Christian?
Chapter 5, verse 5: “Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.” The USA is not God’s favorite country, how could it be? We are arrogant. We think we have the right to tell other countries what to believe, how to act. We are not meek; we are obsessed with ruling the earth, with military power used even when we are not attacked! When did Chile attack us? When did Grenada attack us? When did Iraq attack us? El Salvador? Nicaragua? Never, but our leaders arrogantly attacked them. Our CIA assassinated Patrice Lumumba and aided and abetted evil dictators throughout history. Oh, I don’t want to be un-American, and I’m not; our leaders have been. Verse 9: “ Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.” Who among our recent presidents has been a peacemaker? I’d say Jimmy Carter was ( a Southern Baptist, too!). Yet he lost a second term because of lies, lies, and more lies from Ronald Reagan. Read Rachel Maddow’s well-researched book Drift for details and citings. I’m an old man and I don’t pretend to look up and cite every reference, but a serious, honest historian would and Rachel is.
 Verse 20: “For I Say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.” Whoa! Hold the fort. Let’s remember that verse. You must be BETTER than the “scribes and Pharisees” to get into heaven. Hummm. Scribes and Pharisees, let’s go thumbing through the pages until we see more red letters Of Christ talking about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment